31 January 2012

And we're home

We're just home from our little holiday to Jervis Bay and a night in Sydney. It was so lovely and relaxing and despite a forecast before we left of a week of rain the weather was really good!

We did lots of beach walks and snorkelling, book reading and tennis watching, the Picasso and Harry Potter exhibitions and by pure good luck in our timing the Chinese New Year parade and fireworks too! Oh, and my first ever trip to an Ikea store!

Back to work tomorrow, but only 10 weeks until I finish up! Hopefully I'll find time between the unpacking to catch up on your blogs in the next couple of days. Hopefully I'll find the other camera cord so I can share some beach and snorkelling photos too! For now though, here's a couple of pics I love!


Axel getting in the way of A's packing!  "Please take me with you!"

Illumination in Sydney during the Chinese New Year parade.

3 comments:

Yaeli said...

Glad you guys had a great trip. Very jealous. The Man and I have never had a proper holiday together!

Axel is too cute!

Good luck for the return to work!

In The Night Sky said...

Did I read that right? You had never been to Ikea before? I practically had tears the other day when I found out there will be a 3rd store in Melbourne and it will be near me!

Christie said...

I'm afraid to say you read that right, Natalie. There is no Ikea in Canberra and I'm not sure there was one in Melbourne when we lived there! It was a very quick trip as we were rushing home and just getting curtain/blinds so I'm sure I missed most of the delights on offer. I'll just have to go again one day!

Yaeli - I love a good holiday. A didn't go on holidays when he was a kid as there was always work to do on their farm so he's keen to make up for it now!