02 February 2012

Now I know how the kids feel...


This could so easily turn into a whingy, whiny post, I've not had a great day. I've been back at work for just two days - about 45 to go, not that I'm counting! No kids yet, just meetings and preparation and more meetings that run over into preparation time (!). However, sitting down on the school chairs for hours on end is killing me. They are hard and downright uncomfortable. I feel sorry for the kids having to sit on them every day. At least when they are back, I'll have no time or real reason to sit too much! 

I love my job, and I'll love it when the kids are back. I just don't deal well with office politics, last minute notifications of responsibility - "oh, yeah, you're coordinating 1st semester ..." even though I'm only there for one term and I have discovered I have little patience for staff members who plan to teach maths (for example) rather than teach their students maths. There is such a difference here, even if it doesn't seem like it to read! And in coordinating the 1st semester, I will be dealing with one of these teachers who I just don't see eye to eye with on, well, anything - not pedagogy (for the non teachers - how you teach stuff) and certainly not behaviour management. Gah, stress. Let's move on.

Baby A either loves me being at work or hates it as I'm feeling constant kicks and rolls and punches which, while I like feeling the movement, is not helping the comfort factor! It is a good entertainment strategy though. During some of the more repetitive meetings I'm surreptitiously watching my belly to see if I can see the big kicks from the outside! 

In order to get out of this whingy rut I'm going to borrow Yaeli's Thankful Thursday, just this once, it might help me sleep tonight!

Today I am thankful for...
1. Supportive colleagues who share my philosophy on teaching!
2. My lovely mum
3. My lovely husband who is still on holidays and spent the last two days dealing with tradies to get a bathroom reno quote and hanging the Ikea blinds (no small feat)!

Finally - the bump at 22 weeks 3 days.


Hope you are well!

2 comments:

Yaeli said...

Your motor is looking AWESOME! That's what the man has stared calling my belly.

Hope you manage to get a good night's sleep. Tomorrow is another day. And in 45 working days you won't have to deal with anymore stupid work people for a while!

Sammie said...

What a prefect looking bump you have! And yay for mum's and husbands.

I see you are rocking out the JW Jeans! looking good!