11 January 2012

Baby gifts and football musings

I know it's a bit late for Christmas, the Easter Eggs are out already so I really should move on but I thought I'd share these goodies anyway. At our work Christmas lunch one of my colleagues asked if I thought little Baby A would get any Christmas presents this year. I laughed, thinking 'how silly', but of course when you add some excited grandparents to be the mix this is what you get!


Not a bad haul really! The book is very sweet. There is just one thing I'm not really impressed by - notice the colour theme? I think my MIL is trying to have some early influence on Baby A's choice of football team! A and I have already agreed that the influencing rights will be based on who wins the match between our teams (Essendon and Hawthorn) in July 2012! I am still considering writing a personal plea to James Hird to let him know exactly what is on the line here!

God forbid we let our child pick their own team! They might choose Collingwood or Brisbane or Carlton which just does not bear thinking about! There is a football story about A's father that always makes me laugh. When he was in primary school he came home one day and said to his mum, "I'm going to barrack for Collingwood." His mum quickly replied, saying, "Ok, well if you barrack for Collingwood, you know you'll have to always eat your cauliflower at dinnertime because that's what Collingwood supporters do." After thinking about it for a while A's dad came back and said "I've changed my mind, I think I'll barrack for Essendon instead." He couldn't think of a vegetable that sounded like Essendon so figured he'd be safe! How cute!

Anyway, speaking of family, I need to go clean up as I think we might have A's mum passing through tonight on the way to visit her dad in Taree.

Have a lovely day!

2 comments:

Yaeli said...

The Man will be thrilled at the Hawks merch. He's a devoted Hawks supporter, but I keep insisting Our Monster will be a Swans supporter. Either way, the team merch shops online have some very cute baby stuff, including a little sleeper thing!

Christie said...

Really? Right, I'm going to check them out and fight back with some bombers paraphernalia :-)