05 January 2012

Paint it black


Today's project is painting the retaining wall. It's been a long time coming but finally we've had a few days in a row without rain! If nothing else, at least all the rain meant we had to leave the render for more than the recommended time before painting.

When we first looked at pavers we liked two colours in combination - Athens (which we chose) and Prague. Prague was a charcoal colour which we considered using for a border. In the end we decided with the strange shape area we had a border probably wouldn't work and as a alternative we'd paint the wall as close to Prague as possible. A trip to our second home (known to most as Bunnings) and we found a match in 'Domino'.


One coat went on this morning and after being used to the bare render for the last couple of months it looks very different. If I'm being honest, I'm a little unsure about it but it will probably just take some getting used to! A second coat and a picture will be on the way tomorrow!

2 comments:

Yaeli said...

I find choosing colours so hard!!

I'm sure the wall will come up looking great!

Sammie said...

Looks good! I was nearly on my way down to your part of the world today... But Abi was being a pain, so we stayed at home and my husband went on his own :-( He will be grateful for the sunshine.