18 January 2012

Busy week

After being a homebody most of last week, I've been out and about catching up with people this week.

It started on Saturday really, we went to visit friends who have just come back from their honeymoon to see their beautiful wedding pics. I made profiteroles with custard and raspberry for dessert. They were super yummy and much easier than expected - with the added bonus that they used up 8 eggs! Our chickens are such good layers.

I've been to see the Handwritten exhibition at the National Library - if you are in Canberra it's well worth seeing. It's free but you are meant to book a timed entry ticket online.

On Monday I did my first pre-natal yoga class and really enjoyed it. I went in feeling pretty average and came out feeling great!

Yesterday I went into work to get my timetable and class lists - hopefully seeing these will stop the 'back to work' nightmares I've been suffering! Then I met a friend and saw the Japanese movie Arrietty. It was very sweet and I loved that because it was a kids movie I could understand most of the Japanese without needing the subtitles. I also went and bought a set of maternity jeans - so comfy

From Jeans West

Today I caught up with a friend I haven't seen in over a year! We are so incredibly slack and have trouble planning stuff during the school year so it usually takes a spontaneous phone call and a lot of luck for us to get together. It was so good to catch up!

When I've been home, the sewing/house projects have taken a serious back seat to the tennis. I'm afraid I'm a little addicted! We're off to the coast for a couple of days soon so I'm justifying it by thinking I need to get my fix now as I'll miss most of the final rounds!

Finally, a picture of the bump at 20 weeks! And of another maternity purchase - this one was online (and on clearance) and I'm pretty pleased with it! Please excuse the mess - this will be Baby A's room as soon as we sort out the 'office' stuff that it is full of at the moment!

2 comments:

Sammie said...

Loved my JW maternity jeans!!!

Yaeli said...

Awesome bump! I feel tiny now!
Glad you enjoyed your yoga! I'm loving my classes!
I'm tempted to buy some maternity jeans but given that I won't wear them until I go to Melbourne for the birth in May, maybe I should just wait until then! Can't wait to have a look at the maternity stuff in the shops when I'm in Melbourne this weekend though! Must. Not. Spend. Money!