06 January 2012

Ta-da!

So, here it is. The very-nearly-so-close-I-can-taste-it finished front courtyard (or whatever the correct name for the space is).

Firstly, some of the early before/progress shots...


And now, an after...


Another before...


And an after with the shade out


And some more pictures because I'm feeling pretty pleased!

Took a lot of convincing but A finally let me write our names
in the concrete drain...

...so long as I covered it up with some pebbles
After my jitters yesterday I've decided I really do like the black. It does make the area look a bit smaller but I think it looks more defined and, well, finished. 



So, what's still to do? It's really just the patch of dirt you can see in the 5th photo. We haven't decided what to do with that just yet. Garden? Garden with path? Suggestions welcome!
Also on the list is sanding and doing the front door the same colour as the bifold doors and probably painting the front step in Domino as well. A powerpoint out there would be nice too, so we can remove the cord running out the bedroom window to power the awning!

For the moment though I think we've earned the right to sit back and enjoy and start shopping for a nice outdoor setting!

For a look back at the whole process click on the 'frontyard' label.

4 comments:

Sammie said...

Looks awesome! Great job!
I think we are going to get one of those awning things too! Are they expensive? I haven't looked into it yet.

Yaeli said...

That looks fabulous!! Well done!!

And, yes, I was thrilled to find "not happy Jan" on Wikipedia!

In The Night Sky said...

Looks great, Christie! I really like the black wall, I think it blends in nicely with the surrounds. Really like the awning too!

Unexpected Serendipity said...

Renovations are looking fantastic. Hope you don't mind the follow... wonderful to see such a huge transformation.