14 January 2011

So, so sad

As I'm sure everyone else in the country has, I've been following the floods over the last couple of days but had not yet found the words to write about them. I'm still not sure I have. I am incredibly grateful that our friends in the area are safe and well and my heart goes out to people who have been affected by the floods, especially to those who have lost loved ones and to those on the land who have not only lost houses, but also livelihoods.

As I clicked through the news today I also came across these articles (here and here). Brazil, Sri Lanka and the Philippines are also suffering through heavy rains and horrendous flash flooding. So, so sad. Please also spare a thought or prayer (if you are so inclined) for these people too as I dare say they will not have the same recovery support systems that we will for people affected here.

Information and donations to the Queensland flood relief appeal can be found here.

1 comment:

Sammie said...

It's just horrible isn't it.
Very very sad.