15 January 2011

The day of - recap

I'm really spreading these recaps out aren't I?!

I was woken up on the day of the wedding at around 6 by a phone call. I answered groggily and found it was the minister who wanted to ask a couple of questions so he could finalize his service - "are you kidding?" I thought. But, no, he wasn't. He wanted to know what A's favourite food was. And what my favourite TV show was. At 6 in the morning, I couldn't for the life of me think what A's favourite food was! I took a guess because I was starting to feel a bit stupid umm-ing and ahh-ing and said meatloaf or a good steak. Turns out I was wrong, it's .... For the record my favourite TV shows are The Amazing Race and Dr Who.

There was no going back to sleep after that because I'd realised that today was the day I was getting married!

I got up and had a quick check of the flowers - they were still alive and looked very happy. Phew.

Our hairdresser, T, arrived and soon after, the makeup artist. The preparations began.

I just found out yesterday when I was showing Mum the wedding photos that T's mother who is also a hairdresser did my mother's hair for her wedding! T (who has just finished her apprenticeship) did a brilliant job - as did the MUA who was very accommodating and more than happy to change things a little from the trial.



While my girls were getting ready we headed downstairs to the cafe under the apartment who kindly let us take over the cafe for a bit for some photos.



I love my dad's expression in this photo!

The photographer left to visit the boys, we ate lunch (wrapped in a sheet so I didn't get it on the dress) and had a sneaky red bull (I still had a cold and was already exhausted). I think excitement and pure happiness* got me through the rest of the day.

Around 2ish (quite some time later than planned - the only thing we could have organised much, much better) the cars arrived to take us to the Fitzroy Gardens for our 'first look' and photos.



*along with a large amount of cold and flu drugs.

No comments: