24 January 2011

Happy birthday Axel

Today is Axel's 1st birthday. When we were younger my sister and I would make our pets birthday treats (you know, make the tinned dog food look like a cake shape and top it with dry food or something equally delicious). I think we're both past that phase but I will give him some tinned tuna for dinner. Yep, it wouldn't take much for me to turn into a crazy cat lady.

When we moved into our own place, the first thing I wanted to do was get a dog but the need for a new fence and a new job with longer hours meant it just wasn't practical anymore. I wasn't so keen on a cat. You can't take them for a walk, play fetch*, etc, etc. But honestly, now, Axel has bought us so much joy and provided so much entertainment that I wouldn't change things for the world!

Looking very cute but scared on his first venture into the garden
Looking a little sheepish after destroying a full packet of cat food and spreading it from one side of the bedroom to the other. Lesson learned - secure cat food at all times!
Wrestling with a 'green bag'
Just lazing around

In other news, shopping was fairly successful if not as budget minded as I intended. Oh well. Raspberry semifreddo was delish although I didn't take a photo. We now have a massive bag of blood plums from our lovely neighbour which I am going to attempt to turn into jam tonight and on the weekend we build a wardrobe. I'll post photos later. We are pretty proud of how it turned out!
Hope all is well!

*Actually, with the right toy and a crazy cat, fetch is, at times, more than a possibility.

No comments: