12 February 2012

Busy weekend

We're just back from a 'rockstar' visit to Victoria - thanks Sammie for the terminology! I do think that rockstars would fly, but funds dictated that we drive :-( So after A's birthday BBQ on Friday night we got up, hopped in the car, 7 hours later we were at his parents place ready to head out to an engagement party. Got up again this morning, had a late brunch, got in the car, 7 hours later we're home.

Home, just in time for me to pack my bag for a week of year 7 camp. Oh joy of joys. 176 twelve year olds and a forecast of rain every day. Please pray or cross your fingers or wish upon a star or do whatever it is you do for me that the forecast is wrong!

The 'A' party went well, we had Angels, Arabs, Andre Agassi, Army men, an Aquarium and I ended up being the Amazon rainforest with a plastic vine thingy from Hot Dollar draped over a flowery dress.

And an update on the bathroom. I'm glad you were all equally horrified by the quote, A laughed out loud on the phone when he was told and our neighbour's dad who is a tradie (but lives in Melbourne) said it was insulting! We have someone else coming to quote tomorrow and a potential backup plan which I'll tell you all about later.

Right now though, I need to get some sleep as I don't think I'll get as much as I'd like this week!

Wish me luck!

2 comments:

Sammie said...

Love a 'rockstar' visit!!! Not so easy anymore with little A though...
Can't think of anything worse than a week of rain with yr 7's whilst pregnant. Poor you!

Hope camp isnt too horrible and you have some good times too.

Yaeli said...

Good luck!
Year 7 camp sounds like a nightmare! And you can't even have a medicinal scotch to help yourself through the ordeal!
:o(