04 May 2012

The first frost

We must have had our first serious frost of the season this morning. I know this not because I was up to see it but because the zucchini, eggplant and pumpkin in the garden look very wilted and sad.

A while back in my garden report I said that the pumpkin had had a rough start after being mown over by A. Well it came good (sort of) and gave us 6 decent sized butternuts. The self sown vine near the chook shed has given us a bonus 2 pumpkins of unknown variety - possibly Jap? The eggplant continued to be uninspiring and managed just one fruit!

Not to worry - the one eggplant was put to good use in a delicious Pumpkin and Goats Cheese Spaghetti Bake. The recipe is off taste.com.au - where I get a lot of recipes at the moment. I even made the spaghetti myself in an effort to use up some eggs.

On a totally different topic - the bathroom - well, the windows are ready so the real fun will begin soon!

Have a lovely weekend!

No comments: