15 June 2011

Spoilt!

Not New Zealand but hopefully the snow will be this good!
I've given myself the night off. I've got two classes of reports left to do and I'm feeling pretty good about getting them done on time so after two 10 pm evenings of work, work, work I'm taking a break!

So I'm checking out what's happened in the blog world, aimlessly trawling Etsy and Pintrest, marvelling at how much the chickens have grown and encouraging the cat to chew on a chicken wing (the vet says he needs to do this to avoid needing cat dental work and I'll be blowed if I'm going to pay for cat dental work)!

On to the title of today's post. I've been incredibly spoilt of late, I think I did well marrying a boy who likes shopping and can't resist a bargain. Not to mention one who is incredibly kind at report writing time.  Especially as I don't love shopping and usually can resist a bargain - thanks Mum for instilling the 'it's not a bargain if you weren't going to buy it anyway' response in my brain and setting it to default.

Two weekends ago, A cleared out of the house to let me mark assignments without distraction. At some point during the day he ended up at Oxford at DFO where there was a 'further x percent of the lowest marked price' sale. I'd mentioned a few weeks back I wanted to get a new winter jacket - he came home with three for me! I love them, they are so warm! This last week I also scored a big box of chocolates (report writing fuel) and have had more than my fair share of dinners cooked for me.

Tonight I came home to a box on the kitchen bench. A new ghd straightener. A work colleague's friend's hairdresser (?) had over ordered and was selling them very cheaply through A's work classifieds and so I am the proud owner of a pretty purple ghd!

And finally, when I do get through these next couple of weeks I have a New Zealand snowboarding holiday to look forward to! All organised and booked by A! A few days on the slopes, a couple heliboarding, a few relaxing at Hanmer Springs and Milford Sound. I can't wait.

So I'm feeling very lucky and grateful right now!

Hope you are having a lovely week!

2 comments:

Sammie said...

You are one very spoilt and lucky girl!!!
Well done on marrying such a wonderful amazing man!!!
My Mister and I normally have to both drag each other out for shopping.
I doesn't enjoy it and I spend too much time in shops for work.

In The Night Sky said...

You are one very lucky girl - 3 winter coats, well done!