18 October 2011

So much to tell

Phew. Where to start? Holidays I think.

We had lots of visitors over the school break and it was so lovely. We are often the ones heading down to Victoria to visit but this time people came to us!

One of my good friends from uni, who was around when A and I first met (and told him in no uncertain terms that he'd better be good to me or he'd have to answer to her) and her husband came to visit. I love it when they visit as they always know what they want to do and where they want to go so I don't feel like I have to entertain too much.

First on their list was a visit to Floriade and second, a bike ride around the lake. So much fun. 

Beautiful tulips at Floriade


View from the Ferris Wheel. The theme was food - much easier to identify things from the air!

Watermelon!

Look who we met on the bike ride! So, so cute.
Once they left, the weather turned good and I got to finish my garden painting, plant the new veggies and generally sit in the sun and relax. Nice.

We had mum and dad up this last weekend and as the weather held, we set them to work paving. OMG, it was such hard work. I am so grateful for them always being willing to help with this kind of thing. It would have taken us weeks without them. Thankfully the hard work is done and we just need to finish off the fiddly bits next weekend. In the meantime, praying for no rain! I'll put pics of this up later.

In other news, new window/doors going in today and tomorrow, we finally got onto the ACT Housing fence people (as we share two fences with government housing) who are putting together a fence quote and a quote for our bathroom reno is on it's way. Yikes, hopefully so is a lotto win!

Hope all is well with you!

1 comment:

In The Night Sky said...

Looking forward to seeing pics of your paving and also your doors and windows - sounds like it's all happening at your place too (must be the spring air!).