12 October 2011

Game of skill?

I've married a gamber! Not a problem gambler, just a bloke who likes the odd game of poker, plays on the stock market and is not turned off by the improbability of winning something on a timezone game machine. A went off on a bucks extravaganza last weekend and got home late last night. I was asleep but woke up when I heard the car pull in. This was our conversation...

A: Hey sweetie.
Me: Hey.
A: How are you?
Me: Sleepy (roll over and close eyes again)
A: Want to see what I won at timezone?
Me: Mmm, sure. (expecting some manner of ugly soft toy)
A: (holds up iPad)
Me: what? You won an iPad at timezone?
A: yep, game of skill. I was this close at winning a PS3 as well.
Me: what?! How much money did you spend trying to do that?
A: About $40. But most of that was trying to get the PS3.

So here I sit testing out the iPad. Unbelievable. I didn't think anyone ever won those things.

1 comment:

Sammie said...

Awesome! We have an ipad, but my husband uses it and I use the Macbook.