22 March 2011

Happy days...

Back to that whole idea of stopping to smell the roses, there are some things happening at the moment in good 'ol Canberra that I love.

1. Balloon Festival! I love, love, love seeing the balloons floating through the air as I'm driving to work.



2. Outdoor Art Show - leaves rustling as you wander under the trees and check out the artworks. Such a nice vibe.

3.  Skyfire! Stunning fireworks. I love fireworks, they make me happy. Sorry I didn't take a camera because I can't stand to feel like I'm missing them while I'm trying to take a decent picture!

4. My garden - the plants are growing and I have a 'mohawk' of carrots sprouting. So exciting.

5. Cheap dining chairs as I mentioned last post. Here are the photos...



We've pulled one apart to work out how to fix the sagginess (not a word, I know) and create a pattern for the new covers. Hit a slight bump when we went to check out fabrics. A's choice $158 a metre. Mine, $71. When you need 1 metre per chair, this adds up to, well, I used my maths skills up last post, but the chairs are no longer such a cheap solution. So, still on the hunt for the fabric - know any stores/websites I should check out?

6. Finally, because I can't help but share this with anyone who will listen...a conversation from my classroom last week...
Me: "Ok guys, so next week we're going to start looking at Ancient Greece...blah, blah, blah, make it sound really great..."
Cue massive sigh from girl at the back of the room.
Me: "What's up StudentX?"
StudentX: "Well Miss, it's just that, what is grease apart from the stuff you put in a frying pan?"

Oh dear. Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear. Sometimes I love year 7, they worry me, but they always keep life interesting!

No comments: