16 March 2011

Classic comments from year 7 assignments and a trip to Tiny's Green Shed

Via tvtropes
Here are some classics from my last round of assignment marking that made me giggle...

"He joined the army at 17 so he learnt to fly a plane before he learnt to fly a car."

In response to the question ...Who do you think the people are? How old are they and how do you think they are related to each other?

"The people are my great grandmother and her horse. It's hard to tell how old the horse is but I think my grandmother is about 30."

Sometimes you've got to get your laughs where you can. And everything seems funnier during the deleirum of marking 50ish assignments. They're done now though, just in time for the next lot!

I even had time to visit the tip with A and fit in the obligatory stop at Tiny's Green Shed. Is it a problem if we always seem to come home from the tip with more than we took there?

Leave home - car packed with old microwave and stinky old carpet.
Return home - car packed with 8 dining chairs and a silver and pink BMX*

Could you turn down 8 fairly sturdy dining chairs that just need a touch of paint and re-covering? For a grand total of $40 for the lot? That's $5 a chair**. So even if I spend like, $50 per chair for material, fixing up some of the foam, a bit of paint. That's like $55 a chair*** instead of $150 which seems to be to go at the stores we visited a couple of weeks ago during our "let's buy a new dining table" phase!

Phew. Excited for a new project. Feeling slightly guilty, like I should have finished some of the others off before starting another...I do have some holidays coming up in 4.5 weeks though, need something to do! Any advice on where to get some super awesome fabric would be welcome!

*Apparently it will be useful to go down the shops when you don't want to take your fancy bike. I predict it gets used exactly 0 times in the next year. But I'd just bought 8 chairs, how could I say no?

**Yeah, see how good I am at maths?

***See that again there? I'm on fire. Just don't ask me to do long division!

1 comment:

Sammie said...

Would love to see some pic's of the chairs!
What a bargain!!!