21 October 2010

15 days?????

Surely not? Where the hell did the last 15 go?

Can I just say that I am absolutely amazed by people who managed to blog regularly all the way up to their wedding day. Absolutely amazed!

A lot has happened in the last 15 days. It's been a bit of a roller coaster. I've had the low of saying goodbye to my beautiful grandmother next to the high of A having a pretty darn good win at poker. Although, I'd swap the money for having grandma at the wedding any day of the week. She held on long enough for me to visit and talk to her after I got home from Japan and for that I'm eternally grateful.

In the midst of that sadness we got this fantatsic RSVP from a relative (on the other side of the family) which nearly had us crying with laughter and because I have tests to mark, phone calls to make and a house to clean I'll leave you with that for today.


Roses are red
Violets are blue
On November the 6th
We wanna party with you

P has new moccies
B, a new tatt
L has new thongs
Can’t go wrong with all that

But oh woe is us
We have to confess
We forgot to reply
Oh gosh what a mess

Please can we come
Please find us a table
To celebrate with
The new couple named ?*

Please send us a message
A “Yes” we do pray
To ensure the C family
Can share your great day

So this is the end
Of our little ditty
We certainly hope
That you’re not really shitty



* I guess you can tell that my new name is going to rhyme with 'table'!

1 comment:

Sammie said...

I LOVE IT!
Great poem!