16 April 2010

What's in a name?

2009 was a good year. We bought our first house and the boy, let's call him A, gave me a beautiful sparkly rock on top of the worlds largest rock (Mt Augustus in WA for those of you wondering). It was all very exciting!  So began my slight obsession with wedding and renovating/decorating blogs. There is some amazingly inspiring stuff out there. I'm thinking the awesomeness of Young House Love, Vintage Modern Home, West Aussie Wedding and the honesty of 99 + Forever. There are more but these have been my staples over the last couple of months.


So here I am about to embark on my first ever blog detailing our wedding plans, home improvement efforts and anything else that happens to be on my mind. Hopefully you'll chime in and let me know what you think about our progress and ideas. I'm terrible at making decisions so having other opinions will hopefully help me out with this - example - I spent about a month wanting to start writing this but couldn't decide on a name! Which brings me to the title of this post. I finally decided on 'Ie love', 'Ie' means 'house' in Japanese. I teach Japanese and reckon most things about Japan are pretty tops so I like that there's a salute to that in the name. Also our house, a 1979 ex-govie, quite frankly needs a bit of love! 


So I'll leave you with a picture of the-house-that-needs-some-love and get to work on it...


3 comments:

Mrs T said...

Hi Christie,

Thanks for stopping by and for the comment - and the link love!

We do crazy hats for nearly every occasion - it's an illness!

Can't wait to hear more about your wedding and the house. When's the big day?

Christie said...

Thanks for popping by! The big day is the 6th of November.

Kristen said...

Thanks for the shout out, it's always nice to know that someone out there in blogland is reading my blog, other than my Mum. (Actually that's a lie, even my Mum won't read my blog).

I'll be sure to drop by your blog in the future and look forward to seeing what you do with your place! :)