20 April 2010

On the storage space warpath

Ever noticed how the amount of stuff you have expands to fill (or overfill) the space you have? For 4 of the last 5 years we lived in a 1 bedroom apartment and everything fit just fine into the bedroom cupboards and the one small linen closet. Now, after just 8 months in a 3 bedroom home we've filled the storage spaces and the garage is catching up! So in the name of using my holidays wisely (i.e. not spending the whole time oggling bouquets and bridesmaid dresses) I've been on the storage space warpath! 


My first win - spotting an easy way to convert old drawers to under-bed storage here


Then giving up on ebay and similar sites I headed to Revolve. Amongst the toilet bowls, bicycles and window frames I found exactly what I needed a set of 5 drawers the right height to fit under the bed even after adding the castors. Not only that, they were $20 in total and have really cute little handles. Incidentally, had I been looking for a piano I also would have come away happy - seriously who takes a piano to the tip?


I've removed the white paint, sanded, stained and varnished and attached the wheels. Just two jobs to go - getting some new screws for the handles and lining the inside.




Stay tuned for final pictures soon!



No comments: