28 April 2010

Back to school...

Back to work yesterday. So sad. I love holidays. So much fun stuff to do and no stress - except maybe on my credit card. But seriously, I had a really productive holiday!

I painted the hallway - it is now a nice beige instead of yellow - phew, just got the lounge/dining to go now

Before 

After

I hunted down some old drawers and turned them into underbed storage. See the start of the project here.
 Loving it!

I cooked delicious macaroons from here
I started exercising again - very necessary as a result of the macaroons, ouch
I started sanding back a set of drawers to use as bedside tables
I finished painting the bedroom door which A hung - a door? For the bedroom? How novel!
I caught up with my lovely, talented teacher friend who has been busily making all sorts of lovely things for a local craft market - can't wait to see the final products
I tried really hard to convince A I'd make an awesome house-fiancee rather than returning to work - to no avail.

10 weeks until the next lot. And may they come quickly!

2 comments:

Mrs T said...

Love the yellow - and how clever are you with those draws!

Jane said...

Loving those under-bed draws. Very clever! You are much more productive in the DIY projects than I am. I still haven't completed painting the apartment. Lost the motivation somewhere near the bathroom. Thanks for the kind comment. Hope you enjoyed seeing the "final product" yesterday.