24 March 2012

That first trip to Ikea

A while back I mentioned that I'd visited Ikea for the first time ever.  Well, here is part 1 of the outcome of the visit.


We finally have wardrobe doors! It only took a year to get organised! I can finally cross it off the wishlist! In fact I just realised the only two things I added to the list have been done. Awesome. That's a good feeling!

Anyway, the doors are not, strictly speaking, doors. They are Kvartal, rail mounted sliding curtain panels. They work well though. They fit in the space we had which a triple track system of real doors wouldn't, allow us access to 2/3 of the wardrobe at once instead of the 1/2 that we got with the doors and it only cost $300 instead of the $1600 quoted for a new door system. It did cost A a lot of time and a bit of frustration trying to hang them and our regular complaint was heard more than once... 

"Why is nothing in this house straight?"

We've also used this system on the new doors to the front of the house so I'll get a photo of them too once the place is a bit tidier *cringe*.

Today we are bathroom shopping again. Going to purchase the tiles, toilet, tools and continue the hunt for the elusive vanity unit that looks good without requiring the sale of a body part to fit into the budget. We've a start date for stage 1 - the toilet, which is the Easter weekend so we've got to get everything together and ready to go by then! It's good to have a date set to push us along a bit!

Have a lovely weekend.



2 comments:

Michelle {Jarrah Jungle} said...

Works for me, I think they look good. I know what you mean about nothing being straight but that's old houses for you, ours is the same.
Good luck with the bathroom shopping look forward to the before and afters - see if you can scare me with some rubble :)

In The Night Sky said...

The wardrobe doors look great! Know what you mean about having a house where nothing is straight!