21 December 2011

Last night I cooked dinner!

Not a super thrilling statement in itself, but given poor A has been lumped with most of the cooking for the last, oh, 3 months, it was pretty exciting that I actually felt like doing it!

So, Japanese it was. And it was pretty awesome if I do say so myself!


In the very middle, tofu with soy sauce, ginger and spring onion. On the left Nasu Dengaku from momofukufor2. Really simple, but could possibly do with a bit less sugar?? And on the right, soba noodles with tofu, carrot and zucchini - hot for A, cold for me. 


A quick hello from Axel - he has an obsession with bags/boxes/tiny-Axel-sized-spaces and will happily clamber his way in for a sneaky nap. Very cute.


Anyway, today is get ready to go on holidays day. Get new tyres, clean out the cars, finish staining and sealing the outside of the doors in the picture above, set up watering system and so on. If yesterday's effort is anything to go by I predict I get less than half done and need about three naps so I best get to it!

2 comments:

Yaeli said...

There must be something in the air, because I cooked dinner last night too for the first time in weeks! But unlike A, The Man rarely steps up to cook so we end up eating takeaway a lot!

Your Japanese looks delicious! I made sun dried tomato, pea and zucchini risotto, which was yummy. I may have to try making Japanese at home more often!

Axel is very cute. My cats have box obsessions too. Hope to have a post up about them tomorrow!

Good luck getting everything holiday ready!

Sally @ Us+House=Home said...

Hi Christie! Love your bi-fold door. We desperately wanted to put one in our family room, but our opening just wasn't big enough so we ended up with a timber slider instead. xx ps. Congrats on your new baby boy!