30 September 2011

Hello Holidays

A quick celebratory beginning of holidays post before I go and collapse into an exhausted, sniffly heap. I just can't kick the cold but at least I've got a bit of time to relax now. We don't have any big plans for these holidays but we do have lots of people coming from Melbourne to visit us for a change! So apart from entertaining I plan on ....



1. Hanging out with the curious chickens. They are far to brave for their own good. More and more often I am finding myself chasing them back down the driveway and off the street. The other day two of our neighbours were standing on the sidewalk having a chat and the chickens marched straight up to them to say hello and started scratching around their feet!

2. Planting some more veggies. This is our first home grown carrot. A little pale in colour but delicious! I've planted seeds for corn, cucumber, eggplant, celery, pumpkin, spring onion and some marigolds and nasturtiums which are supposedly good companion plants in terms of pest control. Waiting patiently for them to pop their little heads through the soil!

3. Heading out to Floriade if we get some decent, warm weather.

4. Visiting friend J who just had a baby boy called Oscar. Such a cool name! I have to finish her baby gift first though.

5. Painting and paving.

For now though, I'm going for a nap before the first lot of visitors arrive!

No comments: