21 July 2010

Less of a Backyard Blitz...

and more of a slow-and-steady-wins-the-race transformation. 

The plan is to transform this...


...into something more like this, care of our good friend D who has moved to Queensland and couldn't take his spa with him!



Job 1: Remove well established (but very ugly) vines from pergola. Tick!



Job 2: Knock down old brick BBQ, keeping the back so we can render and paint and have something to sit the spa against. Tick!





I really should have done this job during term time when I needed to blow off some steam as it turns out whacking stuff with a sledge hammer provides great stress relief!

Alas, I wasn't as productive as last break so that's all I really have to show for two weeks holidays! 

2 comments:

Mrs T said...

Free spa = AWESOME. Can't wait to see how it turns out.

Kristen said...

Oh I love your inspiration picture. You should definitely keep us updated as to the progress :)