19 May 2010

Billy Button bouquets

Mum and dad came to visit on the weekend. I hadn't seen them since January so it was really lovely. We went out to the Comedy Festival Roadshow - so funny that I cried at one point! Other than that we relaxed and enjoyed the sunshine.

Our 'save the dates' arrived on Saturday so I gave a stack to mum and dad to distribute. Perfect timing as I wasn't expecting them until today. We ended up getting a simple design printed by Vista Print (100 free postcard offer - yippee) so we paid $28 for the postage and to upload our own design. They are nice and glossy and the colours looked like we expected so very happy with the budget option. The stamps will cost more than the postcards!

We also got to talking about flowers. I told Mum about my newfound love of Billy Buttons and while we don't think they'll be flowering in November we're going to try and find some dried ones to use. Apparently mum's nana used to love them too so it's a nice link back to her family. Whenever she went off fishing and spotted some she'd pick mum and her sisters a bunch.

We're planning to get most of the flowers from a flower farm about half an hour away from my parents and make up the bouquets ourselves. I'm liking the really relaxed, hand-tied style and am hoping that with the help of youtube tutorials and a couple of practise runs we'll be right!

Here are some inspiration pics...




So bright and cheery!

1 comment:

Mrs T said...

Love them. And the family link is nice too! Hope you had fun with your parents.