21 April 2011

Chair dilemma

So, a while back I posted about the $5 chairs I picked up at Tiny's Green Shed (read - the tip). I was full of excitement at the thought of recovering them and getting myself some awesome and cheap new dining chairs. then we went fabric shopping and our choices were prohibitively expensive - $71 a metre and $158 a metre!!!! - and I would need 8 metres!

Then I found Spoonflower. The prices seem reasonable - about $34ish a metre for the upholstery weight fabric if my maths is correct. Shipping is $12 but will take up to 3-4 weeks. Has anyone used this? Should I get a couple of swatches first or just dive straight in and order the whole 8 metres?

Here are my favourites. Sorry about the dodgy screenshots, you can check them out in all their glory if you follow the link below each one!

Mirror Mirror

Chevron Stripe

Linen Dahlia

Black Dahlia


Here is one of the chairs and this is what the new fabrics might look like. Yes, I'm a bit of a nerd and I'm on holidays!


  If you look past my questionable photoshopping skills which fabric do you like the best? I'm stuck!

2 comments:

Sammie said...

I vote Mirror Mirror!

In The Night Sky said...

They are all lovely, but I'd go with Mirror Mirror too!